Saturday 24 December 2011

Merry Christmas from the Anxious Ambler!

Isn't there just something about this time of year that makes you sentimental and nostalgic? That makes you reflect on times gone by, on what the year has brought you. Of course, Hogmanay brings this too, and I'm already thinking about the highlights and the lowlights of 2011.

Most of all, Christmas is a time to be with family and loved ones; to laugh, to share, to eat, to drink. It is a happy, joyful time.

This evening we gathered, with the ever comforting fire on, the Christmas tree with its twinkling lights, and the gin and tonics in hand. On TV was The Sound of Music, not at all Christmassy, but a classic. 

I've decided that 2012 will be the year that I

Climb every mountain,
Ford every stream,
Follow every rainbow,
Til I find my dream.

It's cheesy - and I love it!!

Merry Christmas everyone! Have a good one!
Helen xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment